Welcome to my blog. This is a blog for me to express my ideas and thoughts. I love to craft and "repurpose" things. I am just starting on this blog adventure, so bear with my while I get steady and rolling.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Candles and Coasters

Okay, finally a couple of projects finished that I can post.  

I had these birch discs hanging around for a couple of years and had forgotten about them.  I found them again last weekend and thought that I would make some coasters.

I peeled the loose bark and gave them a good sanding.  Although they looked pretty good by themselves, I had a few ideas I wanted to try.  I found a fern leaf stamp at Michael's that I really liked.





After stamping and letting the ink dry, I sealed them with a couple coats of satin finish clear coat.  
Nice eh?


For a couple others, I mod podged on some M's.

 
I think that they turned out pretty good!  I likey....


On to project 2:

 A friend of mine told me that she went to a craft fair and saw this candle holder on a panel from an old wood door.  She loved it but couldn't bring herself to pay $45 for it.
 So this is my interpretation of what she saw.


I dug out one of the many wood panel doors that I have collected over the years and cut down the door into four panels and sanded them. (Wear a mask and goggles in case of lead paint!)


I had an old rusty hinge that I thought would be perfect, but couldn't quite figure out how you would put a candle on it.  Tada!  Enter the bed spring.  Twist it though the bottom of the hinge and secure the top through one of the holes.  I thought it was quite the genius is I say so myself!


A couple of coats of clear coat, a glass candle holder and viola!
I hope she likes it.....

Well, I had better get back at it!  More projects to wrap up!

Sue

1 comment: