Welcome to my blog. This is a blog for me to express my ideas and thoughts. I love to craft and "repurpose" things. I am just starting on this blog adventure, so bear with my while I get steady and rolling.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sand dollars

Sunday, September 5

We took a family day trip down to the southwestern shore of Nova Scotia to visit some of our favorite beaches.  There is a gem of a beach just outside Lunenburg called Sand Dollar Beach that we love to go shell hunting on.


On any given day you can find lots of sand dollars buried in the sand when the tide is out.  Of course I love collecting anything nautical and I had the kids on the hunt.  We collected about a dozen of these little treasures.  I used to have a nice collection of them, but one day my mother-in-law told my daughter that if you break a sand dollar open, there are five small birds inside.  Emily of course then had to save all the little birdies from inside the shell.....

There are many different sand dollars that you can get in stores and online, but I have to say that my favorite of all are the ones that can be found right here in Nova Scotia.  And cost? $0 and a great family day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there

    So nice to meet you,my maiden name is Zwicker and there were over 400 listed in the phone book last time I was lucky enough to visit Lunenburg!!My dad is from the valley,Kentville! My sister Shelley lives in Lower Sackville.my heart is in Peggy's cove I just love it there!! Can't wait to follow along in your world!!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete