Welcome to my blog. This is a blog for me to express my ideas and thoughts. I love to craft and "repurpose" things. I am just starting on this blog adventure, so bear with my while I get steady and rolling.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Summertime Blues

As summer is coming to an end, I reflect back to the summers of my childhood.  As soon as school was out, my mom would pack four kids the car and off we would go to St. Martins to visit her parents.  My grandparents had the greatest old house which was literally feet from the beach.  The house was huge and the places that you could play or hide were endless!  I miss that house.

I also miss driving around with Grampie in his old red Chevy truck listening to an 8-track tape of Elvis Presley singing "Peace in the Valley".  We would sing our hearts out!  Of course Grampie was the only one that could get those really low notes!

These are my grandparents.  I love these old black and whites of them. 



My grandmother LOVED the beach.  She walked the beach everyday, rain or shine, collecting shells and beach glass.  She would then make artwork and crafts out of of what she collected.  I always wanted a piece of Grammie's shell art and my Aunt Wendy (whom I love dearly!) made sure that I received a picture and a vase.  I treasure these.  They are two of my most favorite things in my house.  Aren't they great?

1 comment:

  1. I have a piece that Grammy made, i will take a pic and post it

    ReplyDelete